Leave your thoughts
Using a Private Blog Network is one of the most effective SEO techniques to rank your site. They have been working for years, and they still work well, if built properly.
However, there is a love-hate relationship going on with PBNs.
- Private Blog Networks can get you on the first page of Google.
- Private Blog Networks make it possible to control your backlinks.
- Private Blog Networks can be monetized with affiliate offers or you can sell links on them.
- Private Blog Networks need to be maintained and managed.
- Private Blog Networks can potentially penalize your sites, if done incorrectly.
- Private Blog Networks can get expensive, if your money sites don’t convert.
However, what if you could build 1 or 2 high-quality PBNs, and use these sites to rank your money sites?
What if, you could use PBNs, without the possibility of getting penalized for it.
What if, you could use PBNs, without causing footprints.
Sounds like a fairy tale, right? Honestly, it’s possible. The good news is, it’s a very simple concept, that YOU can execute today.
It’s called link trading. Here’s how to get started:
Step 1. Buy a high-quality domain in your specific niche.
I’m talking about a fairly expensive domain with a ton of link power. We need a domain, that people would LOVE to get a link placed on it.
Here are the metrics I would go for:
– Referring Domains: 100 – 150+. Obviously, the higher the better.
– Referring Domain Metrics:
At least have 10 – 20 high- authority websites linking back to the domain.
– Domain Authority: 60 – 90
– Page Authority: 20 – 50+
– Domain Rating: 60 – 90
– Domain Authority: 25 – 30+
– Domain Age: 5 to 15+ year
– Non-expired since the original registration date.
Step 2. Host your site with a credible hosting provider.
Do not use PBN hosts.
I repeat, do NOT use PBN hosts.
That’s like drawing a big target on your butt and waiting to be slapped by the Big Ol’ Google. I highly recommend using Siteground (affiliate link) for hosting. They have almost 0% downtime, the servers are fast and their support has always been helpful.
I personally never had an issue with using Siteground. You’ll also eliminate the possibility of getting deindexed because of a bad (host) neighborhood.
Step 3: Install a beautiful-looking template and get high-quality content written for your site.
You want to treat the PBN like a high authority money site. Don’t be afraid to spend extra on quality articles. Pay up to $30 per 1000 words, and you’ll get decent content.
Start with 5 – 10 blog articles for your blog. And link out to credible sites in your market.
For example, if you’re in the automotive niche, link out to AutoTrader, Cars.com, TopGear.com and more. You want to associate your PBN with trustworthy sites in your market. I recommend using a nice-looking theme like Editorial from Mystery Themes.
Step 4: Now you’re ready to start link trading, with a little twist.
Here’s how it works.
1. Contact bloggers and authority sites in your market via email or social media. Facebook has a ton of groups of bloggers that would love to trade links with you. However, the site that links back, must be a high-quality site with quality backlinks.
Here’s how to find blogs in your niche.
We’re going to use Google Search Parameters to find sites, that would like to link back.
Here’s a list of search queries that work well:
partners “broad keyword”
We’re looking for sites that have partner/resource/link pages. Use the MOZbar to find high DA/PA sites to build our links on.
1c. Find their email address by using an extension like Email Hunter, and send a genuine email, like:
Email #1: The Initiation
RE: Regarding your site
I’m reaching out because I came across your blog, and it offers valuable information about (topic).
I would like to share your site toour readers and support your brand with a referral link.
Would that be something you would be interested in? This would not cost you any money.
Let me know.
Looking forward hearing back from you,
Email 2: The Reply Follow Up
Thank you for getting back to us.
I saw that you had a resources / links page, where you’re referring people to valuable information. Would you be able to place a referral link to our brand site as well? It would be great if we could exchange links, and support our brand as well.I hope that’s ok with you.
Looking forward to your reply.
2. Request a link trade with a blogger, under one condition. The blogger will not link back to your PBN, but they will link to your main money site.
Note: You will not link to your money sites from your high-quality PBNs. We’re using PBNs as bait, to acquire quality links from other sites.
Here’s the beautiful part.
You can acquire as many links as you want from 1 high-quality PBN. Even if you only get 10 high-quality backlinks out of 1 PBN, it’s still worth it.
3. Rinse and Repeat.
Build a high-quality network of 5 sites, purely for link trades. And you can acquire up to 50 or more links from only 5 PBN sites.
Let’s go over the pros:
1. You’ll spend less time managing hundreds of PBNs.
2. You’ll eliminate the risk of getting penalized because of PBNs.
3. You’ll eliminate the possibility of creating a footprint from your tier 1 links.
4. You’ll have the possibility to sell 2 or 3 permanent links on your PBNs and making back your initial investment.
And there you have it.
A rock-solid way to acquire high-quality links with PBNs.
I personally use a small fraction of our network to do link trades. But this could be a perfect way for the ultra-paranoid SEOs to still use PBNs in a safer way.
Leave a comment below with your feedback and questions.
Categorised in: SEO Training
This post was written by Patrick